Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My own garment

Image result for garment making
Image from "bvtb.com"
Image result for garment making
Image from "google"
Hello readers, today I am going to write about the garment I am working on. I am making a romper, and almost done with it. I learned how to install an unconventional zipper, insert interfacing, darts and easing. In my garment i do not have darts or zippers. I did have to insert interfacing and do easing. Interfacing is important because it stiffens the fabric and makes the garment look better. I did easing while attaching the sleeves to the top. It is important because the sleeve has to fit in the arm hole and without easing the sleeve wouldn't fit. I think that it's cool how I get to make my own garment, I've never done that before, it's a great experience. It taught me a lot and I am thankful. I did have some frustrations, I had to seam rip a lot of times. My biggest struggle was understanding the instructions because I've never sewn from a pattern before, so yes I was confused. But I learned through those times. Constructing my design I realized that I have to be patient because things like that take time and dedication. I now have more respect for factory workers, even though they have more experience, they do this everyday and to know that we can buy a shirt for 10$ is even more crazier. Personally I don't like to spend a lot of money on a shirt, but I think that all hard work deserves respect and cared for. That is all I have for today. Be kind and thank you for reading, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment