Friday, March 31, 2017

A dirty thing

Image result for fashion industry
Image form "vibeconsulting"
Hello readers today I am going to write about clothes. The article "It's the Second Dirtiest Thing in the World--And You're Wearing It" by Glynis Sweeny states that the clothing industry is the second largest polluter in the world. When I hear things like that It makes me guilty, because I buy and wear clothes. Even though I do those things I can help the environment by thrifting and not throwing away a bunch of clothes, instead reuse them for something else. The articles reveals how the shirt you and I are wearing right now are polluting the air, due to the pesticides used in cotton farming, toxic dyes. Organic cotton takes more that 5,000 gallons of water to manufacture just a T-shirt and a pair of jeans. Cotton is nearly 40% of our clothing, and also one of the most chemically dependent crops in the world. Basically the article was about how the fashion industry in hurting the world. I do think that is true, because we can see all the changes that the fashion industry has made. I think that of more designers speak up[ for what is happening, the environment could change for the better. That is all I have for today, thank you for reading. Remember be kind, bye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment