Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Comme des Garcons

Issey Miyake, Spring/Summer (1995)
Image form "phaidon"
Rei Kawakubo / Comme des Garçons, Spring/Summer (1997)
Image from "phaidon"
Hello readers, today I am going to write about a Japanese fashion label "Comme Des Garcons". It is a french word for "Like some boys". It is founded in 1969, and is a private company. It's located in Tokyo, Japan. Rei Kawakubo is the founder and designer. The label started in Tokyo and established as a company Comme des Garcons in 1973. Throughout the 1980's Comme des Garcons clothes often were associated with a 'distresses' and 'pink' oriented style. This is such a unique and aesthetic style, it is very abstract and unusual. People who design this type of style have crazy imagination. Personally I am not really into this style but I still think that it's amazing what the designers can do. I don't have much to say, so I'm just gonna end, I think that this blog was short and to the point. I hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading. Remember to be kind to others, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment